The feud between Drake and Funkmaster Flex is heating up. After Flex dropped several bombs on Drizzy and calling him a “bozo” in the process, the Toronto rap star gave his answer.
Here’s a brief recap: On Saturday (Aug. 6), Funkmaster Flex went on the airwaves and called out Drake for using ghostwriters and being a fraud. And despite Drake’s call for Flex to be fired from Hot 97, the veteran hip-hop DJ said that will never happen.
“First of all, Drake, I’m not really worried about you making me lose my job,” he seethed. “70 percent of your fans wear high heels. The other 30 percent are guys who wear sandals. I’m not concerned about you.”
After his third concert performance via his “Summer Sixteen Tour” at New York’s Madison Square Garden, Drake hit up an after-party and shared with clubgoers what he thinks of Flex’s comments.
“When I say keeping New York music alive I don’t mean going and playing songs four weeks late and s—, trying to sound cool, late night, primetime on the radio, 7-to-9 o’clock talking all that bulls—,” he scoffed. “I mean shout out to the real DJs that know about the real music and s— like that. Shout out to New York City. It’s love, you already know. My name is Drake. I’m here to f— with you tonight. F— the rest of that bulls—.”
Funkmaster Flex is not known for backing down from a feud, so expect another bomb-filled tirade from the veteran radio personality real soon.
Grab some popcorn. This is about to get interesting