Chinedu Okoli, better known by his stage name Flavour N’abania or simply Flavour, is a Nigerian singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and performer. He began his musical career as a drummer for a local church in his hometown of Enugu State. Flavour is popularly known across Africa and the world for his hit song “Nwa Baby (Ashawo Remix)”. He is currently signed to 2nite Entertainment.
In 2005, he released his self-titled debut album N’abania. In 2010, Flavour released his second studio album Uplifted. It was supported by the singles “Nwa Baby (Ashawo Remix)”, “Adamma”, and “Oyi Remix”. The album’s success made Flavour one of Africa’s most sought out artists. Flavour was booked to perform at numerous concerts and social events following Uplifted’s release.
Flavour, who is well known for his ability to sing fluently in the Igbo language, was born in Enugu State, Nigeria. His family is originally from Umunze in Orumba South LGA, Anambra State, Nigeria. Flavour began his music career at the age of 13 when he started playing the drums for his church choir in Enugu. The resident pastor at his church introduced him to a friend, Chris I Ordor, the CEO of SoundCity Communications. Mr. Ordor had just started a musical company aimed at training young musicians on the basics of music and nurturing them all the way to a professional level. In 1996, Flavour was invited to join the company on an educational scholarship to study music. After three years of playing the drums, Flavour started playing the drums professionally. In 1999, Flavour moved on from playing the drums and started playing the keyboard. He also used to provide backing vocals for other musicians at SoundCity.
At the age of 19, Flavour emerged unto Nigeria’s musical scene as a drummer and pianist for a local Enugu band. After learning to play drums professionally, Flavour received an offer to perform at City Centre, Enugu. The massive crowd at City Centre inspired him to gain new grounds and reach great heights. Flavour’s educational background in music enabled him to learn music production from Dekumzy, Isi Charles and Nnachie.
In 2005, Flavour released his debut album N’abania through Obaino Music. The album’s success was relative and limited to Eastern Nigeria, particularly Enugu State. Flavour collaborated with Mr Raw on the album’s lead single titled “N’abania”. The song was recorded at Kingsley Ogoro’s studio in Lagos, Nigeria.
Following the relative success of his debut album, Flavour released Uplifted in 2010. While working on the album, Flavour believed the album would surpass his previous works. Flavour’s projection came true when the album broke national barriers. Lolhiphop Records, an established record label in South Africa, released the album after popular demand. The album’s top singles include “Nwa Baby (Ashawo Remix)”, “Adamma”, and “Oyi Remix” featuring Tiwa Savage.
Blessed was released on 18 October 2012 through 2nite Entertainment and iROCKING LTD. The album is the successor to Uplifted. It is arguably Flavour’s biggest album to date due to the amount of producers that worked on it. It was launched on the same day of Flavour’s 2nite Club grand opening. In an interview with iROKTV, Flavour said: “I think I’m growing. This is my third album… Now it’s time to give them the music, like define myself. I have to be more mature with my music, lyrics and instrumentation wise. I worked with tons of producers and the whole production process made sense.”
Thankful was released in December 2014. With 22 tracks and running for one hour, seventeen minutes, Thankful features hit tracks such as “Ololufe” featuring Chidinma, Flavour tries his hand on a mellow love duet. Potentially, ia, Wakeup call feat. Wande Coal, The slow and breezy “Wiser” featuring Phyno and M.I, Golibe is the Igbo love ballad.
Flavour is the first son of a large family consisting of four siblings and seven step siblings. Flavour currently dwells in Lagos, Nigeria. Flavour’s family wasn’t very fond of his musical ambitions; they often dismissed it as a pipe dream. His mother in particular believed that his musical ambitions wouldn’t amount to anything. He has a daughter with Sandra Okagbue named Gabrielle and another with Ex-beauty queen and actress Anna Ebiere Banner named Sophia.
On 29 August 2012, Nigerian Entertainment Today reported that Flavour N’abania was involved in a legal battle with Ghanaian duo Wutah, over the alleged theft of “Kwarikwa”. According to the article, “Kwarikwa” is an exact replica of Kotosa, a song made by the aforementioned duo. The singing duo accused Flavour N’abania of stealing their song’s rhythm, chorus, and tempo.
Post on www.3pointplus.com
- Flavour – Ijele ft. Zoro [VIDEO] December 28, 20172Nite Music Group, presents Flavour – Ijele ft. Zoro VIDEO which is one of the tracks of is current album Ijele – The Traveler. “Ijele” is the fourteenth track off Flavour‘s current album, Ijele – The Traveler.” Directed by Tchidi Chikere. ⇒PressPlay, Download, and kindly share your thoughts below. Enjoy!⇐ Click Here To Drop Your Comments on Flavour […]Isaac Apiafi
- J.Martins – Obioma (Remix) ft. Flavour [VIDEO] December 7, 2017You need to have this video on phone J.Martins – Obioma (Remix) ft. Flavour. “The songsters with impeccable candor and matchless creativity returns to the studio to wow their legion of fans like never before. It’s only an empirical fact that, one of Nigeria’s most successful career musicians, J.Martins effortlessly enjoys admiration of a crowd […]Isaac Apiafi
- Flavour – Chimamanda [VIDEO] December 5, 2017“Flavour in conjunction with 2nite Music Group presents the official video for “Chimamanda”, the ninth track off Flavour’s current album, Ijele – The Traveler” “Flavour – Chimamanda“. Directed by Godfather Productions.” Flavour Nabania released his much anticipated 5th Studio album – ‘Ijele The Traveler‘. The album which has 17-track playlist features Sarkodie, Terry Apala, Chidinma, Phyno, Zoro among other gifted musicians and a skit […]Isaac Apiafi
- Flavour ft. Phyno – Loose Guard [VIDEO] September 16, 2017Video Flavour ft. Phyno – Loose GuardFlavour presents the visuals for “Loose Guard” .” The fifteenth track off Flavour’s fifth studio album titled, “Ijele – The Traveler.” Directed by Patrick Elis. ⇒PressPlay, and kindly share your thoughts. Enjoy!⇐ For Music & Video Promotion On This Site Contact: Music@3pointplus.com The post Flavour ft. Phyno – Loose Guard […]3pointplus
- Flavour – Virtuous Woman [VIDEO] July 2, 2017Flavour Nabania presents the official music video for, “Virtuous Woman“ of his recently released album – ‘Ijele – The Traveller‘.‘Virtuous Woman‘ is the first track off Flavour’s fifth studio album titled, “Ijele – The Traveler.” DOWNLOAD THE VIDEO HERE ⇒PressPlay and kindly share your thoughts. Enjoy!⇐ ⇒DOWNLOAD VIDEO⇐ The post Flavour – Virtuous Woman [VIDEO] appeared first […]Isaac Apiafi
- Flavour – jele The Traveler Album Now OUT June 30, 20172nite Music Group Afro High-Life artiste, Flavour Nabania has released his much anticipated 5th Studio album – ‘Ijele The Traveler‘. The album which has 17-track playlist features Sarkodie, Terry Apala, Chidinma, Phyno, Zoro among other gifted musicians and a skit featuring Waga, Oloye, Rabbai & Zuada. It’s been 12 years since the singer and songwriter […]Isaac Apiafi
- DJ Xclusive – As E Dey Hot ft. Mr. Eazi & Flavour [VIDEO] June 19, 2017Superstar DJ Xclusive teams Up with two of the hottest African acts taking the world by storm – Flavour & Mr. Eazi on this joint titled ‘As E Dey Hot‘.This is one of the hottest tunes for the summer, with a dance directed video, shot in the city of London, Uk. Directed by DIRECTOR Q. […]Isaac Apiafi
- Gbo Gan Gbom by Flavour ft. Phyno x Zoro [VIDEO] November 5, 20162Nite Music Group presents the music video to Flavour’s latest tune “Gbo Gan Gbom (Une Soul) featuring Phyno and Zoro. check it out and as usual, Clarence shot it. Enjoy.. The post Gbo Gan Gbom by Flavour ft. Phyno x Zoro [VIDEO] appeared first on 3PointPlus.OGA BLOGGER
- Blessing Mr Raw ft. Flavour [VIDEO] November 1, 2016Mr Raw drops the official Music Video for his Latest Single titled ”BLESSING” Featuring Mr Flavour . The Video was directed by Clarence Peters . Watch and share your thought. The post Blessing Mr Raw ft. Flavour [VIDEO] appeared first on 3PointPlus.OGA BLOGGER
- “The Playmaker” by Phyno [Album Tracklist] November 1, 2016Phyno toes in line as the next act to drop a much anticipated album. Already titled “The Playmaker” and with an insight as to what the cover looks like, the Eze Nnunu will welcome the music market and fans alike into a November that will most definitely be worth remembering. He has divulged the musical […]OGA BLOGGER